The Business of Food Lunchtime Talks in DIT, 26th NovemberPosted: 6 November, 2015
DIT Hothouse has partnered with Dublin Food Chain to host a lunchtime event featuring talks and panel discussions with top entrepreneurs and industry experts from the Irish food industry. The event is supported by EY Entrepreneur of the Year.
Date: Thursday, November 26th 2015
Time: 12 - 3pm
Location: Gleeson Theatre, DIT Kevin Street, Dublin 8
The talks are free and open to staff, students, researchers, entrepreneurs and professionals with an interest in the food sector. Download the event poster
Note this a free event and places are limited. Please register early to avoid disappointment.
The event will feature two panel discussions moderated by Dublin Food Chain Network Manager, James Burke MBA, a highly accompished food industry professional with over 23 years experience. The following experts from industry and academia will join in the panel discussions and share their insights with the audience:
- Dr. James Curtin, Head of the School of Food Science and Environmental Health, Dublin Institute of Technology
- Dr. Declan Troy, Head of Food Programme, Teagasc
- Peter Mooney, Head of Innovation, Dawn Meats
- Dr. Juan Val Verde, R&D Food Programme Manager, Monaghan Mushrooms
- Lil Courtney, Centra Store Owner
- Rowan Manahan, Founder & MD, Fortify Services
- David Carey, Managing Director, Innovante Foods
Discussion topics will include:
- Latest Trends in the Industry
- Innovation in Agri-Food Technology
- Academic supports Available to the Food Industry
- What Makes a Great Food Entrepreneur
- How Food Businesses Can Create Employment
- Developing Food Business Ideas
For details and times of each panel discussion, please download the The Business of Food Event Programme.