Campus Life Development Plan LaunchedPosted: 24 January, 2017
The Development Plan for DIT Campus Life was launched recently by Professor Brian Norton.
The Plan sets out a blueprint to significantly enhance the student experience in the Dublin Institute of Technology over the next four years, and can be found here. The plan has a strong focus on developing student facilities, and developing a sense of community and belonging on campus.
Some of the key actions include:
- Improve student facilities significantly, including: a student centre with student media facilities, dance studio and a black box theatre; and sports complex with gym and fitness studios. This will require the passing of a student levy in a referendum.
- Develop student accommodation for 650 students
- Increase opportunities for student employment on campus.
- Enhance awareness and supports around student mental health.
- Roll out the Student2Student Peer Mentoring Programme which is currently in 10 schools, so that it is available to all first year undergraduate students
Dr Brian Gormley, Head of Campus Life, welcomed the launch of the plan and noted: “Focus groups with students identified some key areas – an increased focus on mental health; more opportunities for commuter students to become involved; opportunities to work on campus; and better student facilities. The plan also builds on our strength in societies and sports clubs to improve the sense of community and belonging on campus.”
The Campus Life team have already started implementing the plan, and we will keep you informed in Student Update on the new initiatives as they arise.