BÚA in DIT 2017/18 Scholarships ‘Bain Úsáid Aisti’ - Use Irish in DITPosted: 1 September, 2017
BÚA – ‘Bain Úsáid Aisti’ - Use Irish in DIT is a new initiative organised by Oifig na Gaeilge - DIT’s Irish Language Office, for DIT students with Irish to encourage, inspire, promote and develop the use of Irish across the Institute.
Scholarships to the value of €500 will be offered to students with Irish to promote the use of the language across he main DIT campuses by organising fun, engaging, and creative opportunities to speak and to engage with the language!
Students will be required to:
- organise social, cultural and sporting events across DIT to encourage the use of Irish
- promote Irish in DIT communications - social media, The Edition newspaper, video content, DIT FM etc.
- promote Irish in the activities of clubs and societies in DIT
- organise media and poster campaigns to increase the visibility of the language
- seek and support the development of the Irish language services available across DIT
- inspire the use of Irish in our everyday lives and in the community - at home, with friends, at work, at school etc.
The Scholarships will be awarded to each student who successfully participates in the ‘BÚA in DIT’ initiative during the academic year 2017/18 and meets the conditions of the scheme.
If you have Irish, are inspired and energised in promoting and developing the Irish language in DIT, we want to hear from you!
Contact Siobhán or Grainne in Oifig na Gaeilge at firstname.lastname@example.org and we look forward to hearing from you!
Oifigeach na Gaeilge | Irish Language Officer
Táimid ag Roinnt an Phoist – We’re Jobsharing!
Siobhán Nic Gaoithín & Gráinne Ní Bhreithiún
Institiúid Teicneolaíochta Bhaile Átha Cliath | Dublin Institute of Technology
Oifig an Uachtaráin, Seomra 109 | The Office of the President, Room 109
Áras Ráth an Dúin | Rathdown House
Gráinseach Ghormáin | Grangegorman
Baile Átha Cliath 7 | Dublin 7