This module with outline the structures and management systems within a variety of food and beverage operations; it will also develop trends in the different sectors of the food and beverage business.
- Introduction to Module
- Issues in Food and Beverage Management / Managing a Multicultural Workforce
- Key Trends and Critical Success Factors / STEEP Factors
- The Food & Beverage Business,
- Food & Beverage Management Trends: Hotels, Restaurants, Self Service, Popular Catering, Industrial Catering, Corporate Catering, Transport Catering, Franchising, Outsourcing, Management Contracts
- Restaurant Revenue Management
- Performance Management and Measurement in Food and Beverage Management
- Food and Beverage Management Control Systems / The Restaurant Bible
- Kitchen Management / The Kitchen Bible
- Waste Management
- The Menu as a Marketing Tool
- Managing Costs and Resources
How to Apply/Enrol
Early application is encouraged. As the number of places is limited, candidates may be short-listed on the basis of information supplied on the application form. Late applications may be considered should vacancies remain. Applicants will be notified in early September whether this programme will run and be informed of the precise schedule of classes.
Under 23 years of age
(a) Irish Leaving Certificate in five subjects. Results must include:
- At least OD3 in Irish OR English
- At least OD3 in Mathematics
- At least Grade OD3 in one of French OR German
(b) an equivalent qualification
Over 23 years of age
Candidates will be considered on a base by case basis.
Assessments / Examinations
Assessment and examination
The examinations will be considered for exemption from the equivalent subject on the Higher Certificate in Hospitality Services Management (Programme Code DT451) and/or on the BA in Hospitality Management (Programme Code DT460).
On completion the learner will be able to:
- Present a professional approach to food & beverage management in a number of contexts.
- Identify the major trends in food & beverage management.
- Compare various approaches to food & beverage management.
- Lead a department in food & beverage management.
- Identify the key structures in food & beverage management operations.
- Identify the key food and beverage management control systems in use today.
This module will enhance your career opportunities in the Hospitality and Tourism Industry.