Construction Management And Technology
Advanced Entry Procedures
B.Sc in Construction (Management)
The DIT is committed to the policy of providing a ladder of opportunity to students, but the numbers available will be dependent on availability of space and lecturing resources.
All applications for advanced entry will be assessed through the following procedure:
- Candidate applies for advanced entry using standard DIT Advanced Entry Application Form;
- Initial contact with candidate by e mail and/or phone to establish the potential for advanced entry;
- Candidate asked to provide documentation to support advanced entry application;
- Documentation assessed by staff who lecture on the modules from which exemption is being sought;
- If assessment of documentation is conclusive, the candidate is informed of the outcome of the assessment;
- If further clarification is required, the candidate is interviewed by staff;
- Candidate is advised of final decision.
Requirements for Advanced Entry into Stage 2
Applicants must have successfully completed equivalent modules to those in Stage 1 of this programme on a cognate HETAC programme at NQAI Level 6 or higher. Applications which demonstrate successful completion of a relevant suite of modules at this level, on cognate programmes with other awarding bodies, will also be considered.
Requirements for Advanced Entry into Stage 3
Due to the necessity to prepare 2nd year students for Year 3 Semester 1 Work Experience, this programme does not provide for direct entry into Stage 3 for external students.
Requirements for Advanced Entry into Stage 4
Applicants must have successfully completed one of the following:
- DIT B.Tech in Construction Technology;
- A Construction Management / Construction Technology or other cognate HETAC programme at NQAI Level 7 with an Upper Merit or higher classification;
- A relevant cognate programme that is at least equivalent to an NQAI Level 7 with Upper Merit from another awarding body.
In addition, applicants must also demonstrate a strong understanding of the world of work in construction through one of the following methods:
Completion of DIT module CONS3011, Construction Work-Related Project;
Completion of DIT module CONS3007, Work Placement;
The procedure for assessment of previous work experience is detailed at the following link.