Construction Management And Technology
Bachelor of Science in Construction (Management) DT117
It is the policy of the DT117 Programme Team that non standard applicants are selected for this programme in the following manner:
- Initial screening in which the applicant is asked to confirm in writing their interest in obtaining a place on the programme;
- Call to interview for all of those who respond to the initial screening request;
- Acceptance of offer of interview. Interviewed against the following criteria:
- Evident interest in the field of Construction;
- Level of learning ability displayed;
- Relevant work experience;
- Commitment of candidate to full time study;
- Level to which the candidate has developed a career plan;
- Knowledge that the candidate has gained of the Programme gained through their own research;
- Ranking of applicants based on the performance at interview;
- Notification to CAO of the names and CAO numbers of those candidates to be offered places under Round 0. Round 0 offers are usually made by the CAO in early August of each year.
While it is the norm to offer at least 15% of the places on the Programme each year to non-standard applicants, the Programme Team reserves the right to offer places only to those who have demonstrated competence to succeed on the programme.
The programme welcomes applications from mature students (i.e. Irish and other EU citizens who are 23 years of age in the 1st January on the proposed year of entry.
Applicants should apply through the CAO as normal, while indicating their status on the application form.
Applicants with Disabilities
The Institute is an equal opportunities institution and welcomes applications from students with disabilities. The Institute and Programme Committee will endeavour to ensure that appropriate facilities are available to allow full access and participation for all students.
Applicants who feel that they cannot achieve their full academic potential because of a disability or a significant health difficulty should apply directly to the Institution in addition to submitting a CAO application.
Applicants are welcome to contact the DIT Disability Liaison Officer to discuss any aspect of their application.
Applicants who hold a National Craft Certificate
Applications are welcomed through the CAO Special Category Applicant route from those who have been awarded a National Craft Certificate in a construction trade prior to the CAO closing date. The basic Leaving Certificate requirement does not apply to such applicants.
Applicants from Countries outside the European Union
European Union applicants fill the majority of places on DIT full-time programmes. The Institute is happy to consider applications from non-EU nationals who are suitably qualified.
Application is through the CAO on or before 15th December each year for entry in the following year. Applications must be accompanied by certified translations in English of qualifications and/or examination results and evidence of proficiency in English.