Note! Scroll to end for updates, including vendor Q&A, video clips, GDPR information and more
Canvas by Instructure is a cloud-based Virtual Learning Environment that is designed to be used online, on a mobile and on a tablet. Instructure do not describe themselves as a traditional education company, rather as a technology startup with an open, progressive attitude who encourage their customers to adopt new ways of thinking.
Founded in 2008, Canvas now has over 3000 customers and over 20 million users. In the HE sector they count the University of Birmingham, the University of Hull, the University of Maryland and Utah State University amongst their customers.
Canvas have created a personalised video for DIT to explain what they are about and what they can do for you. To watch this video, click on the image below. Please note that this video is available to DIT staff and students only.
Update following presentation
Canvas representatives came to DIT Aungier Street on Wednesday 22 November 2017 and gave a short presentation to DIT staff. Below are some video extracts from the presentation and also some additional information provided later by Canvas.
- Video of presentation on 22 Nov 2017 - Introduction
- Video - why DIT should move to Canvas
- Video - why other institutions have moved
- Video - demo of Canvas
- Canvas - ppt presentation at DIT 22 Nov 2017
- Canvas - follow up responses to questions asked 22 Nov 2017
- Canvas - Security Infrastructure
- Canvas - Response to General Data Protection Regulations
- Canvas - Instructure Security, Engineering and Operations
- Canvas - extra stuff! Student perspective, industry reviews, academic perspective, test accounts and more